Top 5 Locations in Chennai That Are Excellent for Real Estate Investment
Chennai has long been hailed as an ideal city with a nominal cost of living. For a metropolis, the real estate scene in Chennai is booming, with many new localities being explored for residential purposes. As a result, the city is rapidly expanding in all directions, be it luxury flats in Porur or elsewhere. In pursuit of a higher standard of living. Every real estate developer in the city wants to make its mark by delivering quality properties to house hunting Chennaiites.
The question is, how do those house hunters know which property is worth investing in out of the sea of options in front of them? On a broader plane, where does one even begin to search houses? After all, the very first decision to make in house hunting is deciding the neighborhood! Chennai’s premier residential neighborhoods offer something unique to prospective home-buyers. To pick one from the lot, we’ll need to take a deeper dive into the most viable options out there. It’s time for some location scouting! We’ll go through each notable locality, covering their pros and cons, so that you can make an informed decision about getting your dream property in Chennai.
The Ideal Location
What makes the perfect location for a home in Chennai? As any city, one obvious factor is the proximity to essential amenities. We all want a house that’s within walking distance of everything you’ll ever need for a comfortable lifestyle. Some of the other factors that make for a good property in Chennai are:
- Centrally located
- Close to nature
- Recreation options nearby
- Ideally connected to all transport hubs
- An easy commute to the city’s industrial districts
These factors form the crux of what most Chennai homebuyers look for in an area. Obviously, the relative importance of each element is subjective, as each homebuyer’s taste is distinct. However, across the board, there are individual evaluations that we can make to say that certain areas are the best of Chennai’s residential lot. Buying a home in these areas is sure to be a valuable investment for a quality residence in Chennai city. Let’s dive right into the list!
Top Locations in Chennai for Real Estate Investment
Initially located on the fringes of urban Chennai, flats in Porur are fast becoming hot property for the city’s homebuyers. As an up-and-coming residential area, Porur brings a lot to the table as a prime residential area in the city. Situated towards the western end of Chennai’s metropolitan area, Porur is an area of many highlights. For starters, it’s easily accessible from all arterial roads of Chennai. You can easily reach Porur from any of the other significant localities in Chennai.
Porur isn’t just known for its excellent connectivity though. The area is a hub of premium amenities and quality of life facilities. Let’s take a quick look at each of them.
– Porur Lake: An abundance of nature amidst a residential area.
– Sri Ramachandra Hospital: Top-notch healthcare with state-of-the-art facilities.
– DLF IT Park: An industrial cornerstone of the city, amid Porur. Software professionals from across the city work here, not just Porur.
– Proximity to the airport: Thanks to the bypass road, getting to and from the airport is a hassle-free experience!
All this and more, in a simple residential locality called Porur. Buying a property at luxury flats in Porur is a wise decision for your future lifestyle.
Though this area isn’t in the city proper, Perambur is still a residential area in its own right. Flats in Perambur are the perfect distance away from the noisy city, while also providing excellent connectivity to the urban hub. Buying a home in Perambur brings you closer to amenities such as:
- The premier shopping experience at Spectrum Mall
- Excellent connectivity to Chennai Central Railway Station (4 km)
- Prime movie-going at S2 Cinemas in Perambur
- Ample recreation through establishments like the Chennai Rail Museum
- Lush greenery with plenty of parks
In addition to this, Perambur is also shaping up to be an industrial hub. Automobile companies and other mechanical-oriented organizations are setting up bases in Perambur. All these factors, when put together, go a long way in setting an exemplary standard of living at flats in Perambur.
3. Anna Nagar
Any mention of Chennai’s residential areas would be incomplete without mentioning Anna Nagar. After all, it is the only neighborhood in Chennai that follows the western world’s residential layout! Anna Nagar has always been a long-standing residential hub in the city. The curve in quality is only rising higher, thanks to developments like:
- Swanky, brand-new VR Mall
- Efficient connectivity by bus (2 termini) and metro rail (3 stations)
- Proper residential layout in the colonies for peaceful living.
- An abundance of premier schools and colleges, such as Chinmaya Vidyalaya
- Many landmarks to its credit, such as the Anna Arch
Life at Anna Nagar embodies residential bliss in every way. Anna Nagar holds a strong reputation in the minds of Chennaiites.
Located on the ECR stretch, Sholinganallur once used to be a fishing hamlet. Today, it’s a locality of high-rises and cosmopolitan working-class culture. There are many gated communities in Sholinganallur, serving as an ideal choice for the IT sector homebuyers. Sholinganallur also offers ample facilities such as:
- A pristine coastline along the East Coast Road
- Posh malls and shopping complexes
- A sense of community among the townships
- A vibrant, youthful culture amidst the professionals
- Peaceful surroundings
The only flipside to this is that Sholinganallur is a fair distance away from the city. Thanks to excellent bus connectivity, though, this is not at all an issue!
5. T. Nagar
This quaint neighborhood is equal parts of commercial and residential. Located smack-bang in the heart of the city, T. Nagar is a burst of activity, color, and life itself. At T. Nagar, everything truly is within your grasp.
- Houses Pondy Bazaar, one of the renowned shopping areas in the city
- Well-connected by bus and local train to the rest of the city
- Compact, idyllic neighborhood’s for quality living
- In proximity to the business district of the city, through Mount Road
Finding a property here requires thorough digging, but if you can find one that suits your requirements, go for it!
Chennai is a city full of vibrant neighborhoods, each with its own distinct flavor. With some thorough background checks, finding the right area for your home should be a walk in the real estate park!